A small library for manipulating the favicon
Tinycon allows the addition of alert bubbles and changing the favicon image. Tinycon gracefully falls back to a number in title approach for browsers that don't support canvas or dynamic favicons.
Alerts in the favicon allow users to pin a tab and easily see if their attention is needed.
Tinycon can take a range of options to customise the look
- width: the width of the alert bubble
- height: the height of the alert bubble
- font: a css string to use for the fontface (recommended to leave this)
- colour: the foreground font colour
- background: the alert bubble background colour
- fallback: should we fallback to a number in brackets for browsers that don't support canvas/dynamic favicons? Boolean, or use the string 'force' to ensure a title update even in supported browsers.
- abbreviate: should tinycon shrink large numbers such as 1000 to an abbreviated version (1k). Boolean, defaults to true
font: '10px arial',